Sunday, June 17, 2007

vblog: Opawa Baptist Church

So come check out my local church, Opawa Baptist Church!

Inside, you will find Rev Dr Steve Taylor wearing a 'Princess Fiona Ogre' wig, as the public spectacle portion of his sermon based on the first 'Shrek' movie!

You'll see the worship, bah!, music team that I'm a part of and meet some of my friends.


Above: My church, Opawa Baptist Church

So I have been doing my fieldwork there on Thursdays at their Simple English class. I will also be expanding my fieldwork into trying to organise monthly 'International Lunches' for internationals in the congregation plus any interested kiwis.

Steve has spoken to me about being a 'Plus5' intern, which is the church's way at intentionally supporting the growth of potential leaders (theoretically, keeping their eye on the state of leadership in five years time, hence Plus5).

Anyway, sorry for those who would prefer more. I had to keep it somewhat brief for the suckers on dial-up!. It is fairly large nevertheless.

Cheers, enjoy life.

Update: Steve noticed my vblog's outing of the Fiona-gate wig debacle, posting my video with a hat-tip of sorts here.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Sun Jun 17, 10:45:00 pm NZST, Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent! Nice to hear from you little bro, both on the phone and "in person" (well as in-person as we're gonna get for a while). Can i just say that you are one of my favourite people in the universe.
haha *worship*. indeed.
xxooxx
k-girl

 
At Sun Jun 17, 11:18:00 pm NZST, Blogger Iain said...

Sweeeet,

Its a Kristin!

Hi, yes well I'm glad you liked it. I figure this is pretty good remedy for the Diaspora McMahons ;)

Jinx, im one of my favourite people too :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home