Tuesday, June 19, 2007

vblog: The Motukerara Social Club

The Motukerara Social Club?

Okay, maybe just a closer look at my friends Andy & Regina.

Come check out an evening of dinner at their place, followed by table-tennis at the Motukerara hall.

The hall feels like something as rustic and REAL kiwi as the people in Whale Rider. Its way out of town (okay, 20mins... not much for Auckland), at the mouth of the Banks Peninsula. Out there, the Port Hills(?) loom over you one side and a true Canterbury sunset sits on the other.

No lights, no people. Only stars, friends, and VEGETARIAN NACHOS!

If you look carefully you'll see me switching between bruce-lee-ninja-grip and standard grip on my bat. The ninja-grip is good for spin and it provides a single front towards my opponent rather than having to select forehand or backhand.


Above: Dinner and Good ol' Fashioned Motukeraran Fun


Last time we played I TOTALLY pillaged the scene with my Tibhar Bat of Doom (thanks, Chris). This time I won when I used my bat, but Andy beat me in two other close games where we used the same type of bat. As for the others, I don't have too much trouble winning.

Cousin Paul and his wee wifie Anne were there too, which was nice.

Tomorrow night, Expresso (the tuesday night conversation-based congregation at Opawa)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Tue Jun 19, 02:47:00 pm NZST, Blogger solatnz said...

De ja vu...

 
At Wed Jun 20, 08:58:00 pm NZST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so cool I wish that I was somehow related to you. This is honestly the coolest blog that I've ever commented on.

 
At Thu Jun 21, 07:52:00 am NZST, Blogger anne said...

you know I bet everyone I played that night!

(You and Andy were playing left handed)

Any way I felt like a winner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home