Thursday, June 21, 2007

vblog: Espresso pt. 2 - The Alternative Congregation

So on Tuesday night, 7:45pm, at Opawa Baptist Church, I attend Expresso/Espresso, my tuesday night 'emergent church' / alternative congregation.

It's conversational based, and no opinion is stupid or disgregarded. It's really great and we can splurge about things that are on our chests in an environment that is safe, open, relaxed, non-judgemental, and yet provides a healthy forum for discussion and debate about biblical and other responses.

For privacy reasons, and the agreement we make between each other, I didn't film actual content of our conversation.

The format is opening prayer, discussion 'rules' (i.e. play nice, don't be rude), then

OPENING

DISCUSSION & FOOD

CLOSING

We randomly select a topic of discussion from the bowl of questions that we have all created. Come and add yours!

If you want to know the stuff we talk about, then feel free to come along to get more detail in person :)

Again, it's Tuesdays, 7:45pm, at Opawa Baptist Church, CHCH.

Here's the teaser trailer I made: (oh, and my conscience leads me to add that I didn't manage to get Jessica in the film - sorry, Jess!)




Above: an inspecific video of Expresso, including my delicious, home-made, vegetarian cheesecake!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home