Monday, August 13, 2007

God's Big v:Blog - Journey & Promise

For the last couple of weeks I have been preparing for a video piece to be played at Church's 'Digestion' evening service last night.

It went well!

The theme was 'JOURNEY & PROMISE', the second part in the series called "God's Big Story".

God's Big Story is a way of teaching the Bible, dividing it into Creation, Journey & Promise, Power & Justice (?), Songs & Sayings, Jesus & the Gospels, and Letters of Love.

A great thing that we do is read a 'hot text' - scripture plus a reflection - and then split the audience into 6 sections where they all try to relate the text to each part of the Bible. It's quite neat, providing a sense of the flow & interconnectedness of Scripture (perichoresis! *geeky snort*).

It was fun making the video. I got to apply myself creatively, I got to interview some people about their own stories, and I got to reflect a little myself.

As I have done at other times, I helped with the music team, last night led by cuz-in-law & good friend Anne.
I especially enjoyed being able to help Steve by contributing to the teaching component; Steve's sermon, my video, and Amy's hot text meshed well together on the night.

Note: The song in my video keeps playing - intentionally - after the visual component finishes. This time was used for a period of contemplation & reflection on Steve's message and my video where people were also invited to take communion.


Above: 'Journey & Promise', my theological reflection piece.

The Church's new Mac computer held it all together well (thanks, Andy!) and there were no computer glitches on the night. I will be making another video for two weeks time on 'Songs & Sayings', with my particular focus being on Psalms.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Mon Aug 20, 01:12:00 pm NZST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya, did you know that your link to Amy's myspace page is not for our Amy Hay? Hers is myspace.com/amyehay

Ta

 
At Mon Aug 20, 09:56:00 pm NZST, Blogger Iain said...

Cheers,

I knew Amy's myspace URL but I keep typing that other one, thanks for pointing it out here.

I wonder if there are any of my namesakes with myspaces... there are 5 of me or so on FaceBook

 
At Sun Sept 07, 07:44:00 pm NZST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you iain
gary

 
At Mon Dec 14, 09:42:00 am NZDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ehh... luv this !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home